Car Accident Quick Tips:
As soon as possible, pull the car into a safe location. Be sure to turn on your hazard lights and if necessary, put out flares or safety cones to alert other drivers of your car.
Need a tow? Check out www.towing.com for companies in the area.
Have AAA? Call them at 800-222-4357
Call the Police.
All accidents, no matter how small should be reported to the police as soon as possible.
Accident occur on private property? Try to get contact information from witnesses.
Tip: Do not admit fault. Let the police officer make his/her own determination
If possible, take photos of damages and exchange information with the other party.
We need the following information to submit a claim.
- Accident location and time
- Name , address and phone of other party
- Company name, policy number and phone for other insurance company
- Type of vehicle involved in accident
- Police report number, officer name and badge number
Go to the hospital, if necessary
Cobos Quick Tips:
- Do not discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy.
- Do not discuss who is responsible for the accident with anyone other than the police or your insurance company
- Do not sign anything at the scene of the accident other than the police report (or your citation if one is issued)
- Refer anyone who calls you regarding the accident to your claims adjustor and discuss the details only with your insurance representative